APO Box has always stressed the importance of insuring the items that you are having shipped through our services properly. One way that you can do this is by filling out a Custom Package Handling Request. This is quite simple and can be done by following these steps.
- Log into your APO Box account at apobox.com
- Scroll down to the My Shipments section of the page.
- Click the link titled "Add Custom Package Handling Request".
- Enter the Inbound Tracking ID. This is the FedEx, UPS, or DHL tracking number that is provided to you by the company or person that is shipping your package to you. It is VERY important that this number is accurate and correct so that you're request can be properly linked to your package. Please DO NOT enter the Order Number from any merchant in this box. This is not a valid way to identify a package, as our staff does not see the invoices inside the packages and can not link the requests with these numbers.
- You may pre-approve the Repack Service for your package if it is needed to meet the USPS Size and Weight Regulations. You will be contacted before the repack service is preformed to confirm that you approve the additional charges.
- Decide which Mailing Class you would like to use for the shipment of your package. Priority Mail generally takes between 1 to 2 weeks to arrive at most locations, barring any delays or issues within the US Postal Service. Parcel Post Mail generally takes between 4 to 6 weeks to arrive at most locations, barring any delays or issues.
- Select the option that states you would like to enter a Custom Insurance Coverage Amount.
- Enter the amount in the appropriate box.
- Please add any special requests that you would like our warehouse staff to be aware of when processing your package. We will do our best to honor those requests to the best of our abilities.
This may seem like a lot of steps to complete such a simple request, but it is necessary that everything is filled out appropriately in order for your request to be valid and your package to be covered.
Please let our staff know if we can assist you with these requests in any way!